TLDR: See project here !
What is Sandstone
Sandstone is a PHP microframework. The main purposes of this microframework are:
- Building a RestApi
- Mount a websocket server
- Easily send push notifications.
Sandstone is based on Silex, the Symfony microframework.
What can I do with Sandstone
You can easily bootstrap a RestApi, and add real-time stuff, such as:
- Notify all web clients that a new article has just been published through the RestApi
- Create a chat working with your RestApi
- For a game server, broadcasting players moves as soon as someone played
How to get started
If you’re starting a new project, you should be interested in the Sandstone edition.
It is a fresh installation of Sandstone you can start from to build a real-time RestApi, and also contains debug features.
This edition integrates:
- Sandstone (Silex with websockets)
- Docker environment to mount the whole application (RestApi, websocket server, MariaDB, PHPMyAdmin)
- Doctrine ORM and Doctrine commands
- Symfony web profiler for debugging RestApi requests and Push events
- Silex annotations for controllers and routing annotations
Check it out:
Or you can start from scratch or integrate it in an existing Silex application: